Humbly asked Him to remove my shortcomings.
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:38
The above scripture is telling us that we must truly humble ourselves and surrender completely over to Jesus Christ. Even though you have been working the steps and changes have happen inside you, we still have some things that need to be worked out. The Bible says:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Romans 3:23-24
When you received Christ you also received His characteristics by the Holy Spirit that dwells inside of you. The characteristics are mentioned in the scriptures:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
Our shortcomings occur when the character of Jesus starts getting replaced by our own ways of thinking and actions. God tells us in His word:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. Isaiah 55:8
You have to humble yourself deliberately. You have to surrender every particle of self-sufficient pride and admit that your efforts to save yourself have been insufficient. You have to feel and live the truth that you have no hope of salvation by our own efforts, but only through the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ.
Step Seven Review
1. What must we do in front of Jesus Christ?
2. Even though we have seen changes in our life we still have what?
3. What have we all done and keep on doing?
4. When you received Jesus Christ what also did you receive?
5. What is the fruit of the spirit?
6. What cause our shortcomings to occur?
7. For our shortcomings what must we do?
8. Our efforts to save ourselves are what?
9. Salvation only comes by how?